We encourage candidates from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds to apply for study at Westminster!
To be considered for admission as a student in the seminary, you must submit the following:
- Online application: A completed online application along with the non-refundable application fee.
- Essays: Specified personal essays vary depending upon desired degree program.
- Church Reference: A church reference from a non-familial minister or session of the church of which you are a member
- Academic Reference: An academic reference from a non-familial college professor under whose guidance you have pursued studies. An employer may complete the Academic Reference form if the applicant has been out of school for more than 4 years.
- Spouse Reference: A spouse reference, if applicable.
- Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts may be submitted for the application review process. An official transcript must be submitted before final admission can be granted. An official transcript is one that is sent directly from the institution to Westminster in a sealed envelope or in a verified electronic format. If it is opened before it reaches the Admissions Office, it then becomes unofficial. If you’ve already attended Westminster, you may use the official transcripts provided in your previous application, as long as you have graduated within the last five years. International applicants must submit official transcripts verified and credentialed through the World Education Service (WES). All transcripts must show the attainment of a baccalaureate degree, with some exceptions.
- English Requirements: All applicants whose native language is not English, or for whom Standard English was not the language of instruction from the primary grades, regardless of U.S. citizenship or residency, must take the TOEFL. See the Non-Native English Speakers (TOEFL) article here for more detailed information.
- Visa Information: International students enrolled in a residential program who wish to obtain an I-20, DS-2019 visa eligibility form, or an I-20 transfer form from Westminster must indicate sufficient personal financial resources for themselves and their dependents before obtaining one. Read here for more information about getting a student visa through Westminster.
Ready to get started?
Did this answer your question?