All Collections
Select and Manage Courses
Request an "Incomplete" for a course
Request an "Incomplete" for a course
Jackie Gober avatar
Written by Jackie Gober
Updated over a week ago

We understand that unforeseen and extenuating situations arise occasionally, and we attempt to assist and support students throughout these challenging times. During these situations, you have the opportunity to request an "incomplete" for a course. Please remember that an incomplete will only be granted to students who are facing unforeseen and substantial hardships. An incomplete request for reason of disability will only be granted with medical documentation of the disability on record with the Dean of Students at the beginning of the semester in which the Incomplete is requested.

Requesting an "Incomplete" grade

To request an incomplete grade, you will need to submit an incomplete request form to the registrar’s office with the professor’s written approval and recommendation for the additional time. The maximum time for an extension is four weeks from the last day of exams or original assignment deadline. The Student Success Office will work to get the appropriate approval for the request.

If an "Incomplete" request is approved
You will be notified via email of the new assignment due date and assigned an interim grade of “I” on your transcript. 

Your work must be submitted to Student Success, not the professor, by the extension deadline. At the professor’s discretion, the grade will or will not be reduced. If the work is not handed in by the new deadline, a failing grade will be assigned.

The final grade assigned by the professor will replace the “I” grade on your official transcript. 

Incomplete Request Deadline

The deadline to submit an incomplete request for the fall and spring semesters is the first day of the reading period. 

No incomplete grades will be granted for classes taken during the spring semester of any student's graduating year.

Did this answer your question?