PR 1 Introduction and Orientation to Graduate Work
Taught by various faculty members.
- To familiarize the student with bibliographical research, preparing them for the coursework ahead
- To improve writing and critical thinking skills
- To introduce current trends in the major theological disciplines
- To guide them through the preparation of their research project
PR 2 Pastoral Theology
Dr. Timothy Witmer
- To build a biblical theological basis for pastoral ministry
- To examine the importance of a shepherding ministry for the health and growth of the church
- To help the student develop a theology of pastoral ministry and implement a plan for pastoral ministry
Students will critically assess various models of shepherding in the church and develop a usable model for use in their churches.
PR 3 Counseling and Christian Ministry
Last taught by Dr. David Murray
- To help the student think biblically about the role of counseling in the church
- To impart a vision and implement a plan for the ministry of counseling in the church
- To give the pastor tools to help him identify and equip fellow church members in counseling ministries
PR 4 Theology of Missions and Evangelism
Taught August 2018 by Dr. Greg Paek
- To equip pastors with a biblical theological framework to understand the mission of the church
- To help pastors understand the latest trends in mission so that they can help design a missions program for their churches
- To give pastors a biblical understanding of evangelism and how to pastor a community
Topics include contextualization, evangelism, social concern, and current trends in global mission. The practicum will provide instruments for diagnosing church health/growth patterns and for building growth strategies.