Changes in your enrollment status can directly impact your eligibility for loans, since students must be at least half-time status in order to be eligible for a government loan. If you have applied for a private loan, be sure to check with the lender to understand their loan eligibility guidelines. 

How can your status change?

  • If you drop or withdraw from a course, your loan may be adjusted.
  • If you wish to withdraw from some or all of your courses or from the Seminary completely, your loan may be adjusted or need to be returned to the government in some cases.
  • If you are considering taking a Leave of Absence (LOA), you should first contact the Registrar’s Office for guidance on this process. A LOA is limited to 180 days in any 12-month period, and if you fail to return from an LOA, the starting date of the loan’s grace period is the start date of the LOA.
  • If you cease to be enrolled at least half-time, you will need to complete online Exit Counseling.

If you have questions about your loan status, reach out to us as soon as possible!

Did this answer your question?