Skip to main content
All CollectionsLife at WestminsterPolicies
Health insurance for domestic students
Health insurance for domestic students
Karin Deussing avatar
Written by Karin Deussing
Updated over a week ago

With stewardship of resources and care of the whole person in mind, Westminster requires that all students have health insurance. In this article you will find information on domestic student health insurance. International students may have health insurance requirements distinct to them; please consult the Student and Exchange Visitor Program's Primary Designated School Official for WTS on those.

If you are a domestic student who does not have health insurance, the seminary suggests you contact an independent insurance broker. An insurance broker will be able to give you insurance advice specific to your individual needs, and he/she can help you navigate through the options available under federal law, as well as direct you to other insurance products.

Health insurance options that you may want to explore:

  • Parent’s Insurance Plan: Students under the age of 26 are eligible to remain on a parent’s insurance plan according to federal law.

  • Insurance Carriers: Look for insurance carrier sites, such as Independence Blue Cross, Aetna, and United Healthcare.

  • A health or medical insurance broker or consultant who can help you understand and choose a plan best suited for you and, as applicable, your dependents.

Did this answer your question?