External courses for PhD students
Lauren Finlayson avatar
Written by Lauren Finlayson
Updated over a week ago

A requirement of the PhD - Historical & Theological Studies program is two external courses. You have the flexibility and freedom to choose what courses you would like to take at a higher institution, but this has to be completed prior to graduation. 

To receive approval to take an external course for your PhD degree, you will need to submit an external course request form to the Academic Affairs office. Prior to submitting the form, you will need to contact your academic advisor for approval.

Once the request is approved, you will need to register for the course at the external institution.  If they need a letter of recommendation prior to your registration, contact the Academic Affairs office.

After the course has been completed, you will need to submit an official transcript with your final grade(s) to Academic Affairs. The information will be applied to your transcript. 

PhD students in the Hermeneutics & Biblical Interpretation concentration do not need to complete external courses. 

Did this answer your question?