- Acquire an editor no later than September 15th (optional).
- Complete the online Format Guidelines Check form before submitting your thesis.
March 1st*: Submit three copies of your completed ThM thesis bound in three-ring binders and printed on one side only. Also submit a PDF copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bring or send to:
Academic Affairs (1st floor, Machen Hall)
Westminster Theological Seminary
2960 Church Road
Glenside, PA, 19038
- Pay the thesis fee (due upon initial submission).
- Academic Affairs will distribute your thesis to the following reviewers: (a) the format review team (Professors Sandy Finlayson and Leslie Altena) and (b) your second reader (WTS faculty member in your field).
- Review feedback from reviewers and edit your thesis in preparation for your oral comprehensive exam.
- Complete your comprehensive exam with your advisor.
- Submit final hard copies to Academic Affairs by May 15th.
- One copy on 20 lb, 100% cotton, 8 1/2" white paper
- One copy on regular printer paper
- No hole punches on either copy
- Sign the plagiarism pledge by May 1st.
- Send your completed TREN release form to email@example.com by May 1st.
Note: When submission deadlines fall on a weekend, the deadline will be moved to the following Monday.
*Students completing their ThM requirements in the fall may submit their completed thesis on October 1st and their final copies on December 15th. The process for submission, payment, and review otherwise remains the same as above.
- ThM Comprehensive Exam Preparation
- Format Review: The Basics (coming soon)
- Format Guidelines for WTS Theses, Dissertations, and Projects (redirect to former wts.edu site)
- Dissertation Submission Steps (PhD)
- DMin Project Submission Information (ARP Guide)