Sign up for your free Zoom account. Signing up is important so that your instructor recognizes it's you in the meeting. Do this at least 15-20 minutes before your first meeting.
Download the Zoom Client for Meetings on your computer (it's the first "Download" button on the page).
Learn how to use Zoom with these 1-minute tutorial videos.
Go to your course in Canvas to locate your Zoom meeting links. Larger classes may have groups with different meeting times, so be sure you are joining the group to which you are assigned (for these courses, groups have been created and listed for you in Canvas).
- Help produce good, smooth discussions by following these general guidelines:
- Read the relevant course materials ahead of time and engage with corresponding lectures and readings to be prepared
- Re-start your machine before your Zoom call to clear any potential bugs
- Choose a quiet, well-lit space during your meeting, avoiding any windows or bright lights behind you
- Use headphones to prevent outside feedback on speakers (a headset with a microphone is the way to go, if you have one)
- Mute your microphone when not speaking to prevent any additional noise
- If you run into problems during a meeting, try these steps:
a. Turn off video
b. Exit and re-enter the meeting
c. Move closer to your router/restart router
d. Close other applications
e. If trouble persists, email email@example.com or call 215-935-3894.
We also like to reference Zoom's own support site.