- Acquire an editor no later than September 15th (optional).
- Complete the online Format Guidelines Check form before submitting your dissertation.
- December 15th: Submit one copy of your completed dissertation to your advisor. Send a PDF to email@example.com, so Academic Affairs can log your completion. Your advisor will review and approve the dissertation for final submission.
- January 30th: Submit three hard copies bound in three-ring binders and printed on one side only. Also submit a PDF copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Affairs (1st floor, Machen Hall)
Westminster Theological Seminary
2960 Church Road
Glenside, PA, 19038
- Pay the dissertation fee (due upon submission, January 30th).
- Academic Affairs will distribute your dissertation to the following reviewers: (a) the format review team (Professors Sandy Finlayson and Leslie Altena), (b) your second reader (WTS faculty member in your field), and (c) your external reader.
- Review feedback from reviewers and edit your dissertation in preparation for your oral defense.
- Complete oral defense.
- Submit final hard copies to Academic Affairs by May 1st.
- One copy on 20 lb, 100% cotton, 8 1/2" white paper
- One copy on regular printer paper
- No hole punches on either copy
- Upload your final PDF and sign the plagiarism pledge with Proquest for online publishing no later than May 1st.
- Complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED).
Note: When submission deadlines fall on a weekend, the deadline will be moved to the following Monday.